Huell Howser's California's Gold - The Ghost Mountain Episode plus Bonus Features
REDISCOVERING LOST GOLD!
The 1-hour PBS television special PLUS 56 minutes of Bonus Features.
Rugged idealist Marshal South and his family flee the city hoping to live off the land in the Anza-Borrego Desert, but their back-to-nature dream ends as isolation and betrayal take their toll.
The late television personality Huell Howser believed the South family saga was a quintessential California story. He produced a special episode based on filmmaker John McDonald’s documentary for his television series "California’s Gold" before the series was cancelled by PBS. Here is the intriguing episode that has never been seen before!
- "California, Here I Come" music video by Huell and the Musicians Institute
- Mark Jorgensen, former Park Superintendent, visits Ghost Mountain
- Oldest child Rider South shares family heirlooms from Ghost Mountain
- Post-screening Q&A with filmmakers and guests in Borrego Springs
- Musicians perform at Ghost Mountain’s trailhead
A unique episode of Huell Howser's "California's Gold" TV series that never aired, featuring John McDonald's documentary, "The Ghost Mountain Experiment." Huell and John meet in the Anza-Borrego Desert to present the fascinating story about a family who flees the city to live off the land and o...